Saturday, February 13, 2016

Google Slides-Rock Cycle


 

I made a google slides presentation on the rock cycle.  I really like how you can incorporate lots of pictures as well as text and video if you want.  I think that students retain information longer when they can see a visual of what they are learning.  I broke it down into the three types of rocks, how they are formed and examples, as well of pictures of each type. I hope that my students will be able to identify simple rock types as well as develop a love for nature around them.  My challenge to them is that when they are out on a walk or hike with their family, they can pick up a rock and think of it as more than just a rock.  I want them to explore, question and appreciate.





Ed-Tech standard 5: Use technology tools (e.g. multimedia authoring, presentation, web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment